UPSC Zoology Syllabus PDF Topic Wise 2023 for IAS Optional: If you are preparing for UPSC and your optional subject includes Zoology, then today’s post can be very useful for you.
Because through today’s post, we will share with you UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus For IAS Mains 2023 in pdf format.
UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus PDF
|PDF Name||UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus PDF|
|No. of Pages||5|
|PDF Size||106 KB|
UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus PDF Summery
The name of UPSC comes in India’s biggest competitive exam and many candidates dream of becoming an IAS officer by passing the UPSC exam.
In order to get success in a big level exam like UPSC, we should prepare for the exam according to the exam pattern and syllabus, because through the syllabus we get to know which topics will be asked in the exam.
In the PDF shared in this post, the entire syllabus of Zoology Optional subject has been given in great detail so that you can get success in the exam as soon as possible by understanding this syllabus and shaping your preparation accordingly.
The IAS exam is of the highest level in UPSC and there are very few seats for it, hence the competition is highest in it. The candidate who is successful with the highest marks in the UPSC exam is given the post of IAS.
That’s why if your goal is to become an IAS, and your optional subject includes Zoology, then download and read the PDF of its entire syllabus from today’s post.
Zoology Optional Syllabus For UPSC Mains – Paper 1
1. Non-Chordata and Chordata
- Classification and relationship of various phyla up to subclasses
- Comparative functional anatomy of various systems of vertebrates
- Concept of ecosystem
- Biodiversity and diversity conservation of natural resources.
- Wildlife of India.
- Remote sensing for sustainable development.
- Environmental biodegradation, pollution and its impact on biosphere and its prevention.
- Role of hormones in drive
- Orientation, navigation, homing, biological rhythms, biological clock, tidal, seasonal and circadian rhythms.
- Methods of studying animal behavior including sexual conflict, selfishness, kinship and altruism.
4. Economic Zoology:
- Lac culture
- Carp cultur
- Pearl culture
- Prawn culture
- Major infectious and communicable diseases
- Cattle and livestock diseases, their pathogen and vectors
- Pests of sugar cane oil seed and rice.
- Transgenic animals
- Medical biotechnology
- Human genetic disease and genetic counselling
- Gene therapy
- Forensic biotechnology
- Designing of experiments
- Null hypothesis
- Distribution and measure of central tendency
- Chi square
- F-test (one-way & two-way F-test)
6. Instrumentation Methods
- Phase contrast and fluorescence microscopy,
- Radioactive tracer,
- Ultra centrifuge,
- Gel electrophoresis,
- PCR, ELISA, FISH and chromosome painting.
- Electron microscopy (TEM, SEM).
Zoology Optional Syllabus For UPSC Mains – Paper 2
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
For the complete detailed syllabus, please download the PDF shared in this post.
Download UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus PDF
Follow the download button given below to download the detailed UPSC Zoology Syllabus in PDF format.
Through this post today, we have shared UPSC Zoology Optional Syllabus PDF with you, hope that you must have liked the information shared through this post, if you like the post then share this post with your friends.