The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a national-level exam to recruit candidates for the posts of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, and SSF, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles. A Computer-Based Examination (CBE) is administered to select candidates for the aforementioned positions, followed by a Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standards Test (PST), and Medical Test. A combination of the right preparation strategy and books with the rigorous practice of the SSC Gd constable test series is all you need to crack this prestigious exam.
The Computer-Based Test (CBT) consists of 4 broad sections, which are meant to test the candidates’ understanding and knowledge in General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics and English/Hindi.
Picking up the first book you can find to prepare for any competitive exam is never a good idea. Why? Because the source material is so important in preparation, only the most recent and up-to-date books will comprehensively cover the entire SSC GD constable syllabus. As a result, selecting the top SSC GD Book is critical if you want to do well in the exam.
On that note, let’s look at some of the best section-wise books recommended by experts to make the process of choosing the best book for SSC GD Constable 2022 easier.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Intelligence and Reasoning is a critical subject that assesses a candidate’s logical and reasoning abilities. As a result, candidates must put in a lot of practice time for General Intelligence and Reasoning. The following are the finest books for SSC GD Constable 2022 that will help you perform well in this subject.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS and Indu Sijwali
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
General Awareness and Knowledge
Following that, students must brush up on their general knowledge in order to perform well in the SSC GD Constable exam. Some of the finest SSC GD Book 2022 for the General Awareness portion are listed below.
- General Knowledge- Lucent Publication
- General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- General Studies- Disha Publication
Candidates must work on their mathematics skills in order to perform well in the Elementary Mathematics component of the SSC GD Constable exam. This is due to the fact that Elementary Mathematics is one of the disciplines covered in the exam. Let’s check the best book for the SSC GD constable 2022 exam for the Mathematical section in the table below:
- SSC Mathematics Chapter-wise Questions by Rakesh Yadav
- Maths For SSC Constable Exam by Ram Singh Yadav and Yajvender Yadav
English/ Hindi Comprehension
Finally, you must prepare thoroughly for the language section, which is designed to assess your command of English or Hindi. We’ve compiled a selection of SSC GD books that will help you excel in this topic. Candidates should keep in mind that this is a scoring subject, and putting in the work will pay off handsomely. As a result, for your convenience, let’s look at the top SSC GD Book in Hindi and English.
- English Grammar Book by Wren and Martin -S. Chand Publication
- Objective General English by RS Agarwal
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
Important Points to Remember While Choosing SSC GD Books
- Pay attention to the book’s content; it should be simple to understand.
- Before buying any book, make sure it covers the entire SSC GD syllabus.
- Always select books that cover the most recent exam style and curriculum.
- The book should have accurate statistics, relevant information, and up-to-date content.
- Always use the internet to double-check crucial information.
- Keep only a few books, as having too many can be confusing and unhelpful.