Here, we are going to share the History of Jharkhand in English PDF with you, which you can download for free using the direct download link shared in this same post.
History of Jharkhand in English PDF
|PDF Name||History of Jharkhand in English PDF|
|No. of Pages||368|
|PDF Size||16.2 MB|
History of Jharkhand in English PDF Summary
The history of Jharkhand is rich and diverse, with a blend of ancient tribal traditions, medieval kingdoms, and colonial influences.
Here, we are going to share a summary of notes, for detailed information, please go through the pdf shared in this post.
1. Ancient and Pre-Medieval Period:
- Jharkhand was inhabited by various tribal communities, including the Munda, Santhal, Oraon, and Ho tribes.
- These tribes had their unique cultures, languages, and social structures.
- The region was relatively isolated and remained untouched by major ancient empires like the Mauryas and Guptas.
2. Medieval Period:
- Various small tribal kingdoms and chieftaincies existed in the region.
- The Nagvanshi dynasty ruled parts of present-day Jharkhand.
- The region was influenced by Buddhism and later by Hinduism.
3. Mughal and Colonial Period:
- During the Mughal era, Jharkhand came under the influence of the Mughal Empire.
- The British East India Company began to establish its control over parts of Jharkhand in the 18th century.
- The region was part of the Bengal Presidency during British colonial rule.
- The exploitation of natural resources like forests and minerals began during this period.
4. Tribal Uprisings:
- Jharkhand witnessed several tribal uprisings against British rule and exploitation.
- The Santhal Rebellion (1855-1856) led by tribal leaders like Sidhu and Kanhu was a significant uprising.
- The Birsa Munda Movement (1899-1900) aimed at tribal rights and identity.
5. Formation of Jharkhand:
- After independence in 1947, the demand for a separate state of Jharkhand grew due to issues of tribal identity and underdevelopment.
- Jharkhand was created as a separate state on November 15, 2000, carving it out of Bihar.
6. Post-Independence Development:
- Jharkhand has struggled with issues like poverty, underdevelopment, and tribal displacement due to industrialization.
- It is known for its rich mineral resources and industrial growth.
- Tribal traditions and cultural heritage continue to play a significant role in the state’s identity.
7. Contemporary Challenges:
- Jharkhand faces contemporary challenges related to land acquisition, tribal rights, and environmental issues due to industrialization and mining.
- Social issues, including poverty, education, and healthcare, remain key concerns.
8. Political Landscape:
- Jharkhand has seen a dynamic political landscape with the presence of various political parties and coalitions.
- The state has had multiple chief ministers from different parties.
History of Jharkhand in English PDF Download Link