GS SCORE Modern History Class Notes PDF: Here, we will share a class notes of Modern History which have been prepared for UPSC aspirants, in PDF format. Which you can download for free using the direct download link given below in this same post.
GS SCORE Modern History Class Notes PDF
|PDF Name||GS SCORE Modern History Class Notes PDF|
|No. of Pages||375|
|PDF Size||129 MB|
GS SCORE Modern History Class Notes PDF Summary
Here, is the important topics covered in this class notes:
Indian Nationalism and Independence Movement:
- Early Nationalist Movements: The Indian National Congress (INC) and the Indian National Association.
- Partition of Bengal (1905) and its significance.
- Role of leaders like Dadabhai Naoroji, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Annie Besant, and Bipin Chandra Pal.
- The Non-Cooperation Movement and Civil Disobedience Movement.
- The Quit India Movement and its impact on the freedom struggle.
- Role of Mahatma Gandhi in the Indian independence movement.
Revolt of 1857 (First War of Independence):
- Causes and consequences.
- Leaders and events during the revolt.
- Suppression of the revolt by the British.
Partition of India (1947):
- Events leading to partition.
- Role of key leaders like Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, and Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- Consequences and the formation of India and Pakistan.
Formation of the Indian National Congress (INC) and Muslim League:
- Founding members and objectives.
- Role of INC and Muslim League in the freedom movement.
Role of Women in the Freedom Struggle:
- Contribution of women leaders like Sarojini Naidu, Annie Besant, and Kamala Nehru.
- Participation in mass movements and protests.
Social and Religious Reform Movements:
- Contributions of leaders like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Swami Vivekananda, and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
- Impact on society and the freedom struggle.
Governance during British Rule:
- Government of India Acts and their provisions.
- Role of the Viceroy and Governor-General.
- Evolution of legislative councils and reforms.
Partition of Bengal (1905) and Swadeshi Movement:
- Reasons behind the partition.
- Role of Swadeshi and Boycott movements.
- Role of leaders like Rabindranath Tagore and Aurobindo Ghosh.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre (1919):
- Causes and consequences.
- Role of General Dyer.
- Impact on the nationalist movement.
Constitutional Development and the Role of Constituent Assembly:
- The making of the Indian Constitution.
- Key features of the Indian Constitution.
- Role of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in framing the Constitution.
Integration of Princely States:
- Sardar Patel’s efforts in integrating princely states into India.
- Accession of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Partition-related issues and refugee crisis.
- Formation of linguistic states.
- Role of leaders like Nehru, Patel, and Ambedkar in nation-building.
GS SCORE Modern History Class Notes PDF Download Link